6 Important Steps Towards Creating A Beneficial Action Plan!
After, over four decades, of involvement (personal and professional), in, nearly, everything, related to effectively leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, I strongly believe, and counsel – others, nothing – of – consequence, is usually achieved, unless/ until, a well – considered, relevant, sustainable, meaningful, https://www.tripsite.co.uk/, action plan, is created, and used, effectively! This process must begin, with, professionally – designed, meaningful, strategic planning, which examines, everything, including the individual group’s heritage, history, mission, demographics, financial health/ well – being, present circumstances, strengths, and weaknesses, as well as its leadership, and their fitness, to – lead! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 important steps, towards creating a truly, meaningful action plan.
1. Thorough strategic planning: There is, almost, always, a direct relationship, between the quality, relevance, and thoroughness of the organization’s strategic planning, and the successful creation, and implementation of the finest – possible, action plan! It is essential to know, and understand, thoroughly, what is needed, and necessary, and the options and alternatives, to create a quality, effective strategy, and, only, when this is done, will a viable, effective action plan, be perceived and conceived of, created, and effectively, implemented!
2. Always consider ramifications and contingencies: It is important to understand, and realize, there are, usually, ramifications of any actions taken, as well as when one resorts to procrastination! Wise leadership requires a thorough consideration of these, and preparing, in – advance, contingency planning, which can be, seamlessly, used!
3. Options and alternatives: Since, there are often, a variety of options and alternatives, choosing wisely, must be, incumbent – upon, a true leader! Consider as many aspects, as possible, with an open – mind!
4. Goals; priorities; perceptions; needs: What are the best goals, and true priorities, of your specific organization, at – present, and into – the – future, and why? How might you effectively, address constituent’s perceptions, and actual needs, in a way, which brings – about, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good?
5. Relevant and sustainable, instead of populist, etc: Too often, leaders are elected, based on populist, empty promises, and rhetoric, when, what is most – needed, is, thorough, relevant, and sustainable planning, and meaningful actions, taken, in a well – considered, timely manner, and using time – tested expertise, etc.
6. Timeline, with, Table of Responsibilities: Once, the best strategic planning, is thoroughly, performed, and you know, what you seek, an essential aspect of the action plan, must be, having a timeline, to examine and consider, using – metrics, what is going, as – planned, and what, needs to be tweaked! A great leader develops an inner circle of trusted advisors, and part of the planning, must be, having a table of responsibilities, with each area, led, by the right individuals, etc.